Last Updated: 11/10/2009
* The information we collect about you;
* How that information may be used;
* With whom it may be shared;
* How you may access the information you provide us;
* Your choices about such uses and disclosures; and
* How we protect your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address, social security number, telephone number, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide
personal information through our websites, the information may be sent to OLB servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
* Information You Provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our websites or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information (such as your name, home or
mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number), information about your home or prospective home, your financial information (such as your income, assets, or debts), your Social Security number,
personal information (such as your gender and age) and information about your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
* Information from Other Sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that
we may receive include credit reports, information about your home and additional demographic information. However, OLB does not “pull” a credit bureau report on loan customers without permission.
* Information about Others. We may also collect and store personal information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-applicants, guarantors, adult occupants, brokers, bankers, attorneys),
including their name, address, phone number, Social Security number, financial information or other personal information.
on our websites (see "Information Collected by Third Parties" below). We and these companies automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our websites. This information includes your IP
address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us or them (see "Cookies" below) and the referring website address.
* Cookies. When you visit our websites, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our websites, to personalize your online experience, and to record information about your visit
to our websites. Through the use of a cookie, we and these companies also may automatically collect information about your online activity on websites, such as the web pages you visit, the links or
advertisements you click, or the other actions you conduct while on websites. The cookies do not store any personally identifiable information about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you
can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our websites.
* Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use on our websites. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail
messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our websites' visitors to deliver
targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
* Information Collected by Third Parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements and other materials on our
websites, and to deploy technology for our benefit, for example, to load web pages quicker. We and these companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view
or interact with these advertisements and/or connect to our websites. Our websites do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows us and these companies to deliver and
gauge, among other things, the effectiveness of targeted advertisements. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Imitative, which
offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information that we collect about you to:
* deliver the products and services that you have requested;
* provide information you have provided to third parties such as building association board members and real estate management companies and other third parties, all of whom have been explicitly authorized by you
to receive such information;
* perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
* communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, other OLB companies or other third parties;
* enforce our terms and conditions;
* manage our business and
* perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may allow financial information you provide to be used by building association board members and their agents to verify your identity and credit worthiness to determine you eligibility to purchase, lease, or
otherwise become involved with building associations and real estate management companies that utilize our web sites and services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, or otherwise as
needed to manage our business and to charge you for any application, processing, consumer report, production or other fees that may be charged to you by us, building associations, real estate management companies
and others in consideration of the services provided to you through our web sites.
If your personal information is submitted through our websites when applying for a position with us, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may
retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions or as required by law. This information may be shared with
the other OLB companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain
and analyze candidate submissions for job postings. Please review “Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information” below.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our websites or while using our services.
Personal Information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may
share all types of personal information with:
* Authorized Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf in connection with your application. These service
providers may include credit bureaus, title companies, flood or other insurance providers, appraisal companies, escrow companies, closing agents, other financial institutions, marketing and customer
services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through our websites, or that provide business analysis or website
support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
* Clients and business Partners. When you submit an application through our websites or our services, we will only share your personal information with building association board members, real estate management
companies, real estate brokers, unit owners and lessors and others who have been expressly authorized by you to receive and review your personal information for the sole purpose of processing, evaluating and
approving or not approving your application.
* Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
+ In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights;
to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
+ When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and
defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our websites' terms and
conditions or other agreements or policies.
+ In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may have their own privacy policies that describe how they use and disclose personal information. Those policies will govern use, handling and disclosure
those third parties. These entities or their servers may be located either inside or outside the United States.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information
we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and OLB companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine
non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors,
for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our websites and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not
contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
or a search result on our websites, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you and,
in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the "privacy" link
typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information you provide through the submission of online applications is always available to you as long as you agree and comply with the Terms Conditions of Use described on each of our web sites.
Personal information you provide may be amended by you at all times throughout the application process up to and until you have “submitted” you application. Thereafter, you may still update submitted personal
information by following formal guidelines that are appropriately posted on our web sites.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
* You can choose not to provide certain information that has been requested in the application you are preparing by completing a “Request for Exemption”, but these “Exemption requests” may result in you
being unable to submit your application or your application may be invalid because such information may be required in order for your application to be processed and evaluated for approval.
* Federal and state regulations may require that we store completed and submitted applications for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information
from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
* When you initially register to use our websites, you will provide certain personal information such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses. We will never share this personal information with anyone except to
provide it to third parties that you have authorized us to provide it to for the sole purpose of processing and evaluating applications submitted by you. At any time, as long as you are in compliance with the
Terms and Conditions of Use of the site you registered to use, you may access and update your personal information provided during registration.
* If you wish to have any and/or all personal information you previously provided through the submission of applications removed you must contact the real estate management company or building association you
submitted the applications to and request that they submit to us a formal request to remove such information. Upon receipt of such request, assuming we are not in violation of any Federal or State Record Retention Laws, we will immediately remove the information you requested us to remove and send you a removal confirmation.
* If you have previously registered with one of our sites and wish to have any and/or all registration information removed contact us at 1-800-909-6690 for assistance.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-parties are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our websites to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade commission's web site for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
Our websites are general audience sites, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our Websites From Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
1001 Avenue of the Americas, 8th floor
New York, NY 10018
© 2009 Onlinebuildings.com, Inc. All rights reserved.